Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mostly Dead

So this blog is mostly dead, which is not the same as completely dead. I'm still a very busy knitter, just a very lousy blogger. Trouble is I don't care that much. But since I'm bored out of my gourd today I though I'd share a little FO madness. Most of this is Christmas knitting and all of it can be found on Ravelry.



Here's the socks I made for Mom. Baby Cable Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks. And yes, Charlene Schurch is a genius. NEXT!






A hat for Dad in a nice longhorn burnt orange color. It's a little small for him. People in my family have huge heads. NEXT!








A hat for my brother in good ol' workhorse Cascade 220. Okay this one came out too small too (see giant melon reference.) But this time I took it back from him and started ripping out the decreases. That freaked him out pretty good. I added a few more inches and delivered it to him the day after christmas. NEXT!







A quick little Calorimetry for my brother's girlfriend. Super fast, cute, and stash burning, what else could you ask for. NEXT!





And here's my favorite. The Arctic Diamonds Stole for Grandma. That one was hard to part with. My next lace project will have to be something similar for me.






I also made some felted clogs for Grandpa, but as they were still drying in my car on Christmas Eve I never got around to getting a picture of them.

2008 has been busy too. I've got a pair of socks just off the needles, almost done with an everlasting bagstopper, half way through Oblique, and just started a Noro scarf.


So who has time to blog with all this knitting. See y'all in six months-ish? Okay!

5 Comments:

Blogger Steven said...

Dang, girl. Seems the trick to wowing the blog readers to save it all up in big batches.

I'm muy impressed. It was great to see all the stuff you've been working on over the past months. I forgot how absolutely cool the lace for your grandmother was.

Beware....it's ALIVE!

2:52 PM  
Blogger bluecat said...

I loved the lace shall for your granny. Very pretty. So we should check back in july-ish, huh? Please say it ain't so!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Billi Wallpaper said...

Yay a new post! :) :) Nice knitting, Abbseys...!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you were still knitting as I have been peaking in on you on Ravelry. You aren't a lousy blogger, you just don't care because you have a life. I am afraid Ravelry may very well cost us a few more bloggers in the blogosphere. Gawd I lose all track of time in there.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About time! I like your taste in knitting projects. :)

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com