Monday, June 25, 2007

Blue Leaves

Here's my first lace piece. Finished a while ago and was waiting to be gifted to my friend Lana who'd getting married next week. A big congratulations to her.


Here are the details.




Yarn: Knit Picks Shimmer in Turquoise Splender (I bought 3 skeins and decided it was plenty big after 1) It's lovely soft stuff that blocked out nicely. It gets a thumbs up from me.

Needles: US 5 Inox circular needle, worked fine but I'm anxious to try the Addi lace next time.



Time Frame: December to April roughly. It lived as the blue blob in my WIP basket for longer than necessary but I learned the hard way that the bigger it got the more dedicated the time and concentration for it had to be.
This project was all about the challenge for me. I don't really wear lace I just wanted to see if I could make it and Hot Dog I can!




Next up: The Lara sweater is knitted and waiting to be blocked and Monkey Socks are on the move.



6 Comments:

Blogger gina said...

Congrats! Wow, it looks fabulous! I am so impressed!

2:20 PM  
Blogger meg said...

LOVE it, Abs. Can't wait to see your sweater. I feel so inadequate in the FO's department. You're a knitting fool lately.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! It's so pretty! And I just happen to have the pattern AND the very same yarn. yahoo! Very nice job.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That? Is pretty. Oh, yes. The yarn totally works with the pattern, too - I'm always afraid of variegated laceweights, but it turned out great.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent lace. I dream of knitting a lace shawl some day....

9:14 PM  
Blogger k said...

Fabulous!!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com