Friday, February 09, 2007

Damon's Head

I've bought the tickets, so I'm pretty certain now that I'm going to see Badly Drawn Boy next month. He is one of my all time favorite artists. My love runs deep. Since the first time I heard Another Pearl off of Hour of the Bewilderbeast, I have been a fan. Last time I saw him I got a kiss on the cheek and an album signed. I was in heaven!

So, anyone familiar with BDB (aka Damon Gough) probably knows he has a certain affinity for hats, generally of the knitted touque variety. And now that I've developed a knack for this whole knitting thing, I'm going to embrace my inner geek and stroll proudly into the arena of crazy fan and knit him a hat.


This is going to be a pattern-free-seat-of-my-pants kind of thing and March 7th is my deadline. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So let the rockstar knitting begin!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

i love me some badly drawn boy.

hope you enjoy the show!!

and um, stalking the band dude much? what's next? boiled bunnies!!!!

i keed, i keed. it would be really cool if there was a picture or a video out there of him sporting your handmade goods. what kind of fiber? something soft and sproingy?

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think he'd look good in olive green with some orange and navy stripes. just a suggestion. might he also need some fingerless gloves? perhaps meg can get on those after she finishes up the other pair she's working up?

it wasn't the same a the cafe yesterday without you guys. btw, i've finished 2 of those freakin' squares. 2 to go.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that means the "Abbe loves me" intarsia sweater is out, eh? heh.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well? It's MArch 8 now. WHAT HAPPENED?

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com