Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sock Evolution


Sock Evolution
Originally uploaded by Abbenormal
On the far left is the first sock I ever made, just to see if I could. It has a peculiar elfin pointy toe quality, and a inexplicable twist on the instep. Lord only knows how I managed that. Let's just say it didn't deserve a partner.

Next one to the right is the second sock I ever made. It's grossly too big giving it a sort of 80's slouch sock over your stirup leggings quality. And the self patterning sock yarn is...um...ick. Also destined for sock solitude.

And then Ladies and Gentleman, a successful completed PAIR of socks. Huzzah! They are Hill Country Yarns Sweet Feet Sock Yarn on US 2 needles and hoo boy are they lovely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Congrats on the socky success! They look great. How do they feel?

My first pair of socks had a weird pointy toe too. As for the slouchy socks... the 80's are back, maybe you're just subconciously in tune with the trend? I kind of miss my enormous socks and 8 pairs of Keds.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice socks. Really nice socks. Did you like knitting them enough to make more?

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really quite wonderful to see the evolution of your sock creating mojo! Gina, I miss my white keds too...

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com