Wednesday, June 28, 2006

O C D S O C K

Sweet lord, I have started my first sock. I have just turned the heel, my fingers hurt, my eyes are twitchy and I have a whole new appreciation for tube socks 10 pair for 3 bucks at Wal-mart. I've been told there are a great many people who actually enjoy knitting socks, this has got to get easier. I think the skill I'm lacking here is picking up stitches. I've never been especially good at seeing exactly where I'm supposed to pick up and I never seem to have as many stitches there to be picked up as the pattern seems to think. The heel decreases may also have problems but I imagine that has more to do with my TV boyfriend John Krasinski distracting me. Well, onward sock, while I've still got the obsessive compulsive drive going on.

I loaned out my camera so no progress pictures, instead I'll share my TV boyfriend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter too much if you don't pick up the exact number of stitches.
As long as you take it into account when you're decreasing for the heel and, you know, there aren't any holes. Just ask Susan how many ways she "varied" from the pattern when making her first socks and they still came out smashing.

If you can do the whole exchequered thing so well, you can do socks!

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, OK, I get it--I will get your camera back to you in the next 48 hours. And this time, I know exactly where the cord is. But I might take 5 minutes with it tonight and take a few pictures of Ceilidh before I give it back.

--Natalie

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com