Thursday, August 10, 2006

Knitting stall out

Well I kept thinking I would post here when I finally F-ed an F-ing O, but who knows when that's going to happen. The all consuming sweater is coming along, I'm almost done with the back, and that'll be the biggest piece. It's getting kind of heavy and it's slowing me down but I've got to push on thru the next few inches, then I can take a breather before I start on the fronts.

There are tons of other things I want to start, I bought a bunch of cotton for a log cabin bathmat. Should be nice, and my bathroom needs all the help it can get since the soapdish fell off the wall. It about gave me a heart attach when I put my foot on it to shave (does anyone actually keep soap in theirs?) and it came crashing down. As far a the builder is concerned it fell spontaneously and it should be under warranty.

Also on the list are pillows for the couch. I saw someone making mitered square pillows on the Mason Dixon KAL, and I'm totally stealing their idea. I love the mitered squares, but I can't handle a whole blanket right now.

There is also a stash organization project underway. The sad truth is it has to get worse before it can get better, right?

Anyway, here's a few things making me happy this week:
1. I got a raise at work. Hot damn!
2. Jannelle got HOH again. I'm a dork!
3. My friends in Missouri are moving back to Austin. Yee haw and welcome home y'all!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was totally going to steal that mitered square pillow idea too. I'm actually thinking about making a log cabin pillow or something similar.

I can't wait to see how your sweater turns out--I'm kind of waiting to see yours before I decide if I want to make one or not.

1:58 PM  
Blogger meg said...

congrats, raises rock. janelle not so much! but ehh i'm conflicted. i like her some days and dislike her others.

can't wait to see your sweater progress. AND i was digging on those mitered square pillows, too.

so i think we should get together for some cocktails and knitting or something. catch up on all this reality tv we indulge in and whatever else.

8:01 AM  
Blogger meg said...

dude Abbe! you may already know this but it was shocking to me.

go watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJE_4DPaSMA

eww - boogar!*$?$@#$?

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Janelle and what's HOH?

Congrats on the raise! More scratch=more yarn.

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for you to post so I can tell you that it was fun meeting you a few weeks ago when the Harlot was in town. It was totally worth the trip to Austin.

Glad to see you back!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com