Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Deep East Piney Woods

Well looks like I'll be off in East Texas this weekend visiting my kinfolk. I haven't seen my grandma in way too long, I've missed her brand of crazy. And here's a total shot in the dark...does anyone know if there's a yarn shop in Nacogdoches or maybe Lufkin? Probably not, but I figure it's worth asking.
48 hours of quality family time should mean lots of knitting. I'll have to find something a little more portable to work on than the big sweater and the bathmat. Maybe I'll take a crack at that knit picks sock yarn, but that means I need teeny dpns. Any suggestions for what brand of size 1 or 2 dpns I should start with?
Oh, and the sweater back is done, I'll post the progress picture when I get it blocked, it's just too darn curly right now. And if anybody has a preferred blocking method for 100% wool, that'd be handy too.

Well I'm just all questions today. Thanks y'all.

3 Comments:

Blogger meg said...

i have no clue on the yarn stores. i used to spend lots of time in lufkin as a kid. my childhood best friend's family was from there. i remember there's a super stinky paper mill there and a dairy queen. don't think you can get yarn there.

send me an email when you have time. i want to talk some bb6 and cocktail stuff but don't want to keep posting in your comments. missmegkellyATgmailDOTcom

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I can remember from Lufkin is that they have a Whataburger with a Blues Brothers theme. If you feel like driving 90 minutes away there's a cute shop in Longview (that's where my in-laws are) called Stitches n Stuff
www.stitchesnstuffonline.com. And I think there's a place in Tyler but the name escapes me.

You should definitely come over to the dark side of sock knitting. I recommend Crystal Palace Bamboo or Brittany Birch dpns (both are sold at HCW).

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the metal Inox DPNs you can get at HCW. Normally I love bamboo needles, but I found they were a little too bendy. Have fun with the fam!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com